Below is a calendar of events and actions hosted by both The Valley Stands Up and our local sister organizations with similar missions.
All events hosted by The Valley Stands Up will have a * next to the event name.
From our sister group:
Together We Rise CT will be organizing a demonstration to call out Malkin and her supporters for their extremist views.
We will meet at 5:00 p.m. at Eagle Landing State Park on Route 82 in Haddam.We will provide signs for demonstrators, who will stand on the street outside The River House At Goodspeed Station, the venue for this GOP fundraiser.
We will be demonstrating for the length of the event, 6-9 p.m. That means we’ll be out after dark. Please bring flashlights, reflective clothing, etc.
We will not try to obstruct people from entering or argue with them. We will simply bear silent witness to the kind of speaker our local RTCs have invited into our community.
More on Malkin …
- Malkin defended the internment of Japanese-Americans https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Defense_of_Internment
- … and suggested that we use profiling against Arab- and Muslim-Americans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQkEQjFCkc
- Calls Medicaid, which pays for most nursing home care, “handouts.” www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/06/29/support-gop-senate-health-care-bill-fox-shames-medicaid-recipients/217096
- Blames women for “choosing” to work in places where they are sexually harassed. http://michellemalkin.com/2017/04/25/malkin-manifesto-straight-talk-about-women-and-the-workplace/
- Calls outcry over police shootings “hysterical nonsense.” www.nationalreview.com/article/385458/cop-killed-every-58-hours-michelle-malkin
- Is anti-education. July 26 Tweet: How about DEFUND and Eliminate the Dept. of Education … @michellemalkin
- Defends a police officer accused of using his position to rape a series of women, and regularly calls out “rape fakers.” https://www.creators.com/read/michelle-malkin/06/17/rape-fakers-must-pay-a-higher-price
- She also regularly gives a platform to climate change denial on her site. http://michellemalkin.com/category/enviro-nitwits/global-warming-enviro-nitwits/
And on the people who invited her …
The Republican Town Committees of Berlin, Chester, Clinton, Colchester, Cromwell, Deep River, East Lyme, Essex, East Haddam, East Hampton, Glastonbury, Guilford, Haddam, Killingworth, Lebanon, Lyme, Middletown, Montville, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Portland, Salem & Westbrook are hosting this event.
We hope to see you tomorrow evening. Let’s stand up for truth, love and justice.